Senior Software Engineer
Aware, a global leader in biometrics software products, solutions, and services, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, located in our Bedford MA office, to join the Technology Team. The Senior Software Engineer will be a self-motivated, experienced software engineer with understanding of server application development for commercial software. This position requires a team player with strong technical skills to develop commercial-grade software based upon Aware’s existing and new product ventures. This position requires an organized individual, adept at implementing complex technical plans as directed. The Senior Software Engineer will possess the personal skills to interface directly with Aware’s customers requiring support and service of Aware’s products.
The Senior Software Engineer will have knowledge of a large variety of environments including client and server applications on multiple operating systems (Windows and Linux). Responsibilities include a team-based approach to writing software product engineering specifications, designing and implementing to support the specifications. The ability to shift focus quickly from one project to another and to allocate personal resources to more than one project at a time is important. The individual will be a significant contributor in a small team of software engineers, focused on delivering quality software in short time-cycles.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform new product development and existing product enhancements in support of the company’s technology roadmap.
- Fix product defects to ensure the company is delivering high quality software.
- Develop new software and change requests in support of new customer project to help them succeed with their project goals.
- Fix customer project defects to ensure all customers have high quality software.
- Interact with customers in support of their project goals.
- Support sales with presales opportunities.
- Perform design and architecture for new customer projects and existing product sustainment.
- Create documentation in support of the above responsibilities.
- Create software development effort estimates for new customers projects, change requests, and new product development.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a team to achieve the above roles and responsibilities.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-6 years of experience in a software developer role
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience required
- Experience with full stack engineering
- Experience developing front-end and back-end applications
- Experience with SOA based applications (Web Services, XML, REST, JSON)
- Experience with deploying highly available and scalable systems on AWS
- Experience with streaming data applications
- Experience with using and integrating open-source frameworks
- Mastery of C++ language (threading, standard data structures, RAII, etc.)
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MSSQL, SQL)
- Knowledge of Design Patterns / Architecture Patterns
- Knowledge of techniques for authentication and authorization, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Knowledge of application, web, and data security
- Biometrics Technology experience a plus (Finger, Face, Iris, Voice)
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.