Reports to: VP, Programs
Location: Bedford, MA
Aware is seeking a motivated, results-oriented Program Manager to join our Program Office in Bedford MA, reporting to the Vice President of Programs.
The Program Manager (PM) is a client facing, leadership role with overall budgetary and execution responsibility for client facing program(s) and/or projects. The PM will lead the successful development, delivery, and ongoing operations of Aware’s biometric programs according to scope and terms established in client contracts and internal financial commitments.
The PM is a highly visible leadership position which requires experience leading a customer focused software platform implementation, and who demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills, strong team leadership in a matrix environment, and the presence to successfully engage with all layers of a software company. The PM will leverage this presence to partner with the sales and marketing organization to identify and deliver on new, complex, business opportunities and projects. We are seeking a person who has worked directly with demanding US and international customers to deliver IT projects on time and within budget.
The PM will be the main point of contact with the customer and be responsible for delivering the project or program to the agreed upon contract or client specifications. Proper execution will include meeting the program or project’s financial commitments to the Company and ensuring client satisfaction. The PM must have demonstrable technology experience in areas such as systems integration, biometric solution deliveries, CRM implementations, SaaS, and/or agile software development. Government contracting experience is highly desirable.
Successful candidates should have experience in a similar leadership role or have been a contributing team member of a similar client facing programs or project group that delivered under contractually binding terms and conditions while meeting the corporate financial commitments.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, customer-focused person, who can successfully manage all facets of the program lifecycle execution (acquisition, delivery, and sustainment). The successful candidate must be able to work as both a team member and independently when necessary to meet deadline driven schedules in a fast-paced environment. Extra effort during nights and weekends may be required to meet deadlines.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the client facing program or project and delivering on financial commitment
- Be able to represent Aware to the Client and the Client to Aware (be each organizations’ advocate to the other)
- Lead the Aware and subcontractor (if applicable) teams to successfully deliver on Aware’s contracted scope, to our committed timeline, and with the technical quality expected by our customers
- Partner with the Client’s team. Negotiate win-win outcomes for both Aware and the Client as necessary to manage expectations successfully
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction year over year as measured by customer surveys
- Participate in proposal strategy sessions. Work with sales, engineering, and the proposal management team to develop winning strategies, themes, discriminators, and content
- Assist in proposal reviews and promote standardized corporate program processes
- Manage the client contracts to ensure the company meets its obligations
- Partner with the legal group to develop win-win contract management strategies that protect the client and Aware to facilitate growth
- Assume responsibility for successful delivery to the client while meeting project/program financial commitments
- Develop clear project plans, including subordinate plans (e.g., communications, risk mitigation, issue escalation, etc.) with all necessary functional areas. Document how you will successfully execute the business of the program or project
- Create resource loaded program or project schedules that deliver on Aware’s contractual obligations commitments while securing commitment internally
- Manage execution and control of the program or project team cost and schedule performance to remain within its budget. Exercise best practices for EAC (Estimate at Completion) assessment throughout the delivery.
- Conduct program reviews to Aware’s leadership team regularly or upon request.
- Update and publish actual monthly costs versus EACs
- Ensure the program or project remains resourced to deliver according to the project plan and schedule
- Lead engineering through the documentation of client technical requirements, subsequent design, development, test, and delivery in an agile environment
- Where necessary, shape requirements to assist the Client and/or Aware in acquiring additional business
- Promote and encourage proactive, transparent, communication and reporting internally and with the client’s team
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of client facing experience associated with technology business (pre- or post-sales)
- Business acumen and strong negotiation skills
- P&L management and understanding of project accounting and financials
- Command of Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Experience in a government contracting environment
- Knowledge of enterprise and technical architecture concepts and digital technologies such as cloud, SaaS, IT infrastructure, application software, system security.
- Exceptional leadership and facilitation skills to lead cross-functional project teams.
- Strong presentation skills focused on the ability to brief team members and management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative, to multi-task, and execute well under pressure.
- Ability to be a positive, constructive team player, and to build relationships throughout the company.
- Superior organizational skills with demonstrated ability to comply with detailed customer requirements.
- Expertise in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, Visio, and MS Project.
- Ability to solve problems, meet deadlines, and to coordinate and plan complex activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical program required
- Minimum of 7+ years related experience in program management
- PMP certification (by Project Management Institute – PMI) or must attain it within 6 months of hire
- Agile Development experience
- Experience with biometrics, digital identity, digital financial services, or large government projects focused on managing or processing identity data is a plus
- Contract management experience a plus
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
All qualified candidates may submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org