Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Aware is a global leading provider of biometrics software products, solutions, and services to empower users to own and control their identity while ensuring security and maximizing convenience. We are looking for people passionate about creating great user experiences and improving our customers lives through biometrics.
Aware’s Software Engineer will be a self-motivated, experienced software engineer who understands server application development for commercial software. This position requires a team player with strong technical skills to develop commercial-grade software based upon Aware’s existing and new product ventures. This position requires an organized individual adept at implementing complex technical plans as directed.
In this role, you will work with a large variety of environments, including client and server applications on multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, and UNIX). Responsibilities include a team-based approach to writing software product engineering specifications, designing and implementing to support the specifications. The ability to shift focus quickly from one project to another and allocate personal resources to more than one project at a time. The individual will be a significant contributor to a small team of software engineers focused on delivering quality software in short time cycles.
- Implement proof of concept investigations to support future development efforts by the team.
- Perform new product development and existing product enhancements to support the company’s technology roadmap.
- Perform design and architecture for new customer projects and existing product sustainment.
- Fix product defects to ensure the company is delivering high-quality software.
- Create documentation in support of the above responsibilities.
- Develop new software and change requests to support new customer projects to help them succeed with their project goals.
- Fix customer project defects to ensure all customers have high-quality software.
- Interact with customers in support of their project goals.
- Create software development effort estimates for new customer projects, change requests, and new product development
Note: In addition to the Job Responsibilities, the candidate also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and familiarity with DevOps practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly understand and address technical challenges.
- Continuous learning mindset, staying updated with the latest technologies and industry trends.
- 5+ years of Experience in developing SAS product using microservices with a focus on scale, multi-tenant, enterprise-level software.
- Strong knowledge of software architecture principles, design patterns.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, and other modern DevOps tools
- Expertise with languages and frameworks like Java, GoLang and Spring/Boot, messaging platforms like RabbitMQ and ORM frameworks like Hibernate.
- Proficiency in relational databases like Postgres or similar
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure or GoogleCloud) and knowledge of distributed systems
- Knowledgeable in Container technologies like Docker
- Knowledgeable on Unit test frameworks like JUnit, TestNG, Mockito and testcontainers and to attain high code coverage
- Experience with creating/consuming RESTful, GraphQL, or equivalent APIs for user facing applications.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org