Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Aware’s Advanced Products Group is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join its team developing biometric solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience with manual software testing, programming, and automated software testing. Experience with biometrics is a plus. The Advanced Products Group works on a variety of projects in the biometrics market including fingerprint, face, iris, and voice collection and analysis. This analysis includes matching, quality metrics, and compression. The software is deployed in a large variety of software environments including client and server applications on multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, and UNIX).
The individual must be a self-motivated QA engineer with understanding of programming and commercial software development. This position requires a team player with very strong technical skills to develop and assure commercial-grade software based upon Aware’s existing and new product ventures. The individual should possess the personal skills to interface directly with Aware’s customers requiring support and service of Aware’s products. This position requires an organized individual with very strong technical skills who is adept at implementing complex technical plans as directed.
Responsibilities include a team-based approach to writing software product engineering specifications, designing, implementing, and assurance and documentation to support the specifications. The ability to shift focus quickly from one project to another and to allocate personal resources to more than one project at a time is important. The individual will be a significant contributor in a small team of software engineers, focused on delivering quality software in short time-cycles.
Software Quality Assurance Requirements:
- Experience with Software Quality Assurance
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- The ability to travel occasionally both within the US and outside the US
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
The ideal candidate would also have experience or familiarity with the following concepts and technologies:
- Experience performing manual software testing
- Some software programming experience
- Hardware setup and configuration
- Experience writing automated software tests
- Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux
- Biometrics (Finger, Face, Iris, Voice)
- Image Processing (Compression, Analysis)
- Knowledge of Cryptography
- Source Control
- US Citizenship
All qualified candidates may submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.