Vice President Worldwide Sales
LOCATION: Bedford, MA
REPORTS TO: Chief Commercial Officer
PLANNED COMPENSATION: A highly competitive compensation package consistent with the market and the scope of this opportunity, including a base salary and competitive commission structure, based on performance.
Aware is searching for an experienced Vice President of Worldwide Sales executive to grow revenue targeting Commercial and Government markets.
The candidate will have worldwide responsibility for direct and indirect sales as well as hiring, training and mentoring a high-performance sales organization. The candidate will need to be a hands-on, detailed oriented, articulate, metrics driven, customer focused, and creative sales executive.
In this capacity you will be responsible for all sales for the company and delivering quarterly sales goals. In addition to hiring, you’ll be responsible for building and managing the sales team including direct sales execs, international partners, and inside sales. In addition, you will be responsible for setting goals, objectives, budgets, sales targets and quotas.
The ideal candidate will bring a proven track record of success in the biometrics software industry or in a similar industry associated with identity focused products with direct experience in growth stage, B2B software, SaaS / Cloud, subscription related companies.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have 15+ years in technical software sales and sales leadership roles, delivering SaaS and subscription-based technology leveraging a blended selling model of both direct and indirect; ideally with products that are a part of larger ecosystem.
- You have 10+ years’ experience managing and directing a small international sales team towards meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual bookings and revenue goals.
- You are a proven sales executive who’s managed revenue streams from $10m-$100m plus.
- You have experience working for authentication, identification security software companies.
- You have comprehensive knowledge of subscription models and pricing and selling SaaS and implementing multi-year contracts.
- You are a self-starter and fast learner who quickly and independently becomes knowledgeable on new technology, business cases, and sales opportunities.
- You are able to understand and convey the value of complex products, and you have the ability and willingness to present the value proposition of complex software products to the internal team, to prospective customers, and to existing customers.
- You are a proven multinational team leader who can motivate a team towards success with a calm, steady, demeanor.
- You have demonstrated an ability to build, motivate, scale and deploy a high performing sales organization including both field and inside teams that has experienced high growth.
- You are a person with management skills, but who is as a demonstrated leader, and who is eager to help the sales staff solve sales related challenges creatively and towards a positive outcome.
- You have an understanding of the SaaS/Cloud model and the demonstrated understanding and use of key business metrics.
- You have experience managing new business, add-on business, and renewal sales channels.
- You have proven experience setting inside sales territories, quota setting, departmental and sales metrics.
- You are a person that is as comfortable in an engineering meeting as in a sales meeting;
a person who can communicate with the technical teams and who understands the value of integrating sales and engineering to ensure the success of customers and of the company.
- You are a person who can understand and maneuver the subtleties and nuances of complex procurement policies towards a successful procurement outcome.
- You are a person who is focused on customer satisfaction
- You are a person who understands that customers are first, but employees are also important to the success of the organization.
- You are a person with experience assisting state and local government agencies in the attainment of grants or funds to procure your company’s solutions.
- You are a person with superior communication skills. You can write or edit proposals as well as review and edit product collateral. You are able and willing to speak at conferences or at customer sites.
- You will work with Aware executive management team to develop and execute sales strategy including prioritizing key markets/geographies, developing direct/indirect sales approach, scaling markets with product/market fit, testing new market segments.
- You will work with marketing, product and sales operations to establish the processes, approaches, tools, systems and infrastructure in place to scale the sales organization.
- You have experience developing and managing an international business across North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific.
- You must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally. US citizenship is required.
- An honest, ethical, high integrity, disciplined individual
- A high achiever follows through on personal commitment, energy and inner drive for excellence.
- A bright, articulate, inquisitive thinker who will roll up his/her sleeves.
- Someone who is direct, solid, hard worker with no personal agenda.
- Goal oriented, with a proven track record of sales results. A career of demonstrated ability in sales overachievement.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills and ability to work closely with partners, peers, subordinates and the management team.
- Able to maintain a visible presence with potential clients, customers, industry and professional associations and their members.
- Able to be decisive and convincing and able to engage in healthy debate amongst team members.
- Can attract and motivate smart, talented, and adaptive employees.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A team player, non-political, believes in team selling.
- Comfortable in a small company environment (responsibilities, resources, freedom)
- Fluency in foreign language is a plus.
- BS in a technical discipline is strongly preferred. A relevant advanced degree is a plus.
Aware is a publicly traded biometric software business and has been a leading provider of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), standards-based biometrics software products since 1992. Our products enable solution providers and system integrators with interoperable, standards-compliant, field-proven biometric functionality for applications including financial institutions, credentialing, border management, and criminal justice. Aware continues to build upon this legacy as a leading provider of innovative, high-quality, state-of-the-art biometrics software.
Our suite of productized software solutions and tools are included in solutions deployed by product vendors and system integrators, and then used by federal, state, and local government agencies and enterprises around the world. End users include financial institutions, the FBI and other U.S. Department of Justice agencies, the U.S. Department of State, the Department of Homeland Security, and government agencies throughout Europe, Asia, Africa and South America.
We seek a highly motivated sales professional to manage and grow both our sales team and our revenue as we project the company into new markets and to a new growth tier.
All qualified candidates may submit cover letter and resume to: HRSales@aware.com.
For more information on Aware, please visit: https://www.aware.com/biometrics/