Vice President Programs
LOCATION: Bedford, MA
REPORTS TO: Chief Commercial Officer
PLANNED COMPENSATION: A highly competitive compensation package consistent with the market and the scope of this opportunity.
Aware is searching for an experienced program/project manager executive to function as our Vice President of Programs, as we seek to grow revenue targeting Commercial and Government markets.
The Vice President of Programs is a customer facing leadership role with responsibility for programs and projects as well as customer satisfaction in concert with the sales team. The Vice President of Programs will lead the successful development, delivery and ongoing sustainment of Aware biometric systems solutions according to Aware’s contractual obligations. This is a leadership position which requires experience leading the management of large, complex, projects, superb oral and written communication skills, and the ability to successfully engage with both the Aware technical teams, Aware management and the Customer.
The Vice President of Programs is responsible for the program management and delivery and support of Aware’s solutions. These solutions are primarily concerned with biometric-based IT systems that combine Aware commercial productized solutions, COTS products and SaaS services with Aware engineering services, computing hardware, peripheral devices, and third-party software and third-party hardware. The Vice President of Programs will be involved and lead these programs and projects through their entire life cycle, from the pre-bid stage through the final testing, delivery, rollout, continuing through sustainment and maintenance.
The Vice President will work with Aware’s engineering, sales and finance team leaders to develop the proposals and the bid, build project plans and forecast resource allocations and requirements. The Vice President is also expected to build and maintain project plans to manage projects against scope, risk, schedule and budget.
The Vice President of Programs will work with engineering to define and document the client’s technical requirements, to design the system, and them monitor development, Q/A and delivery of the system.
The Vice President of Programs will lead his/her team and be responsible for delivering the project to the specifications and timeline defined in a contract, meeting the project’s financial importance to Aware and ensuring customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will bring a proven track record of success in the biometrics software industry or in a similar industry associated with identity focused products with direct experience in growth stage, B2B software, SaaS / Cloud, subscription related companies.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven ability and track record of developing strong customer satisfaction and partner relationships
- Proven track record of on time delivery with all sizes of programs
- Proven track record for creating demand to upsell in the installed accounts.
- 15+ years in technical software project management, delivering SaaS and subscription-based technology; ideally with products that are a part of larger ecosystem.
- 10+ years’ experience managing and directing a small international team towards meeting incremental milestones and on time and as defined in the technical specifications.
- Solution delivery management experience.
- Experience working for authentication, identification security software companies.
- Leadership and management of cross functional teams.
- Superior communication skills. Write or edit proposals as well as review and edit product collateral.
- Knows how to lead proposal teams and orchestrate proposal writing and assembly working with engineering and finance
- Can develop a risk management program to manage and circumvent risk as well as understand scope complexities
- Experience building out a cost model, building and managing a bill of materials, assisting with project pricing and with the implementation of multi-year contracts.
- Team builder with the customer as well as with internal engineering team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project or similar complex management project tools.
- Understands how to lead the development of a master plan as well as detailed program and project plans
- Knows how to lead a team to develop test plans and procedures with engineering and the customer
- Financial program performance tracking and outlooks
- Resource planning for programs and projects and able to forecast needs
- Work under pressure and to meet hard delivery deadlines and have the experience managing a team to meet hard delivery deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of both civilian and of criminal justice based biometric systems, architectures, and workflows.
- Very good understanding of the complexities and unique attributes of government contracts.
- Strong organizational skills and team management skills
- Self-starter and fast learner who quickly and independently becomes knowledgeable on new technology, business cases, and sales opportunities.
- In support of the sales team, the candidate can understand and convey the value of complex products and have the ability and willingness to present the value proposition of complex software products to the internal team, to prospective customers, and to existing customers.
- Proven multinational team leader who can motivate a team towards success with a calm, steady, demeanor.
- Understand the SaaS/Cloud model and the demonstrated understanding and use of key business metrics.
- Comfortable in an engineering meeting as in a sales meeting; can communicate with the technical teams and understand the value of integrating sales and engineering to ensure the success of customers and of the company.
- Experience managing and delivering projects in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally. US citizenship is required.
- PMP certification, CSM, MPM or CPD certification required
- High achiever follows through on personal commitment, energy and inner drive for excellence.
- Bright, articulate, inquisitive thinker who will roll up his/her sleeves.
- Direct, solid, hard worker with no personal agenda.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills and ability to work closely with customers, partners, peers, subordinates and the management team.
- Maintain a visible presence with potential clients, customers, industry and professional associations and their members.
- Decisive and convincing and able to engage in healthy debate amongst team members.
- Attract and motivate smart, talented, and adaptive employees.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Team player, non-political, believes in team selling.
- Comfortable in a small company environment (responsibilities, resources, freedom)
- Fluency in foreign language is a plus.
- BS in a technical discipline is strongly preferred. A relevant advanced degree is a plus.
Aware is a publicly traded biometric software business and has been a leading provider of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), standards-based biometrics software products since 1992. Our products enable solution providers and system integrators with interoperable, standards-compliant, field-proven biometric functionality for applications including financial institutions, credentialing, border management, and criminal justice. Aware continues to build upon this legacy as a leading provider of innovative, high-quality, state-of-the-art biometrics software.
Our suite of productized software solutions and tools are included in solutions deployed by product vendors and system integrators, and then used by federal, state, and local government agencies and enterprises around the world. End users include financial institutions, the FBI and other U.S. Department of Justice agencies, the U.S. Department of State, the Department of Homeland Security, and government agencies throughout Europe, Asia, Africa and South America.
All qualified candidates may submit cover letter and resume to: HRSales@aware.com.
For more information on Aware, please visit: https://www.aware.com/biometrics/