Global Partner Account Executive
This job reports to the Manager of Global Partners, and is based in Aware’s Bedford, MA USA headquarters.
The ideal candidate has experience in the biometrics industry or in a similar industry associated with identity focused products and has a strong technical background. Experience with both domestic and international sales, US Citizenship, and either a BS or BA are prerequisites for this position.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the Manager of Global Partners in pursuit of two of Aware’s strategic initiatives which are:
- To become the solution partner of choice for Identity Leaders
- To become the value-added reseller of devices such as dedicated mobile systems, terminals, or kiosks:
- To engage with these device vendors such that they are motivated to promote, sell, and include Aware software in and to complete their offerings, and
- To enable Aware to be ready to resell complete offerings directly to our customers as part of a solution offering or as an added value offering that we have as part of our proposal or optional service
These companies are strategically important, long term, resellers of Aware software that is embedded within their own products or that is functionally and commercially complementary to their own products.
These partners can be in any vertical and in any geographic location.
This role is responsible for all engagement and communication with these new partners globally including, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Identification and evaluation of potential partners who are a good match for Aware’s capabilities via:
- Reviewing incoming leads
- Proactively identifying prospective partners
- Attending conferences, trade shows, and industry events
- Conveyance of the Aware value proposition
- Demonstration of Aware products with the ability to describe Aware’s product differentiation
- Successful closing of new partner business
- Partner onboarding including:
- Issuance and implementation of technology with assistance from the relevant technical team
- Partner product training with assistance from the relevant members of the technical team
- Quarterly discussions with each partner with the goals of:
- Reviewing and understanding the implementation
- Ensure adoption of integrated technology
- Ensuring continued commitment Aware products
- Understanding goals, road maps, and pain points
- Providing updates on Aware technology and services
- Identification of potential for growth of revenue via additional product adoption
- Gaining insight into market trends and gathering market intelligence
- Create a sustainable quarterly revenue stream from new integrated partners both from their reselling of our products and us reselling their product integrated with our software product
- Communicating partner needs and status to the Manager of Global Partners
- Coordination with CTO and engineering team to ensure alignment and effective performance of the selected value-added suppliers for our use and their resell
- Coordinated common listing of value added resellers and their products with CTO and engineering with complete reseller part number cataloging for our program office and sales team use
- Monitoring partner support needs and working with relevant technical team members to resolve issues
- Monitoring partner renewal stream and working with relevant team members to achieve a high renewal rate
While partner engagement and communication is an important responsibility of this position, the primary focus and end goal is long term revenue generation. An incentive-based compensation plan will be implemented to ensure the appropriate balance is achieved.
- 2-5 years of experience in OEM or direct sales with the ability to close sales on a quarterly basis and to forecast accurately
- Experience in both domestic and international sales
- Experience with both commercial and government sectors
- Experience in both sourcing new business and managing existing relationships
- Sound knowledge and understanding of hardware and software including programming languages, operating systems, applications, and SaaS.
- Superior communication skills, and you are comfortable speaking in front of an audience and giving technical presentations
- A comfort level and ability to demonstrate technology
- Experience writing proposals, RFI responses, and quotations
- A working knowledge of SalesForce.com and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn quickly and to independently become knowledgeable on new technology, business cases, and sales opportunities
- Comfort interacting with an engineering organization
- Proven focus on customer satisfaction
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Fluency in foreign language is a plus
Aware has been a leading provider of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), standards-based biometrics software products since 1992. Our products enable solution providers and system integrators with interoperable, standards-compliant, field-proven biometric functionality for applications including credentialing, border management, and criminal justice. Aware continues to build upon this legacy as a leading provider of innovative, high-quality, state-of-the-art biometrics software.
Our suite of software tools are included in solutions deployed by product vendors and system integrators, and then used by federal, state, and local government agencies and enterprises around the world. End users include the FBI and other U.S. Department of Justice agencies, the U.S. Department of State, the Department of Homeland Security, and government agencies throughout Europe, Asia, Africa and South America.
All qualified candidates may submit cover letter and resume to: AcctExec@aware.com.
For more information on Aware, please visit: https://www.aware.com/biometrics/