Imaging Scientist, Facial Biometrics
Be part of leading edge research and development at Aware, Inc., a global provider of commercial off-the-shelf, standards-based biometrics software since 1992. We are looking for world-class engineers and scientists who excel at algorithm development and are not intimidated by challenging problems. Aware is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Imaging Scientist to join its research team at its headquarters in Bedford, MA.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, team-oriented, experienced research scientist or engineer with a good understanding of image processing, machine learning and pattern recognition. This position requires an organized individual with very strong technical skills who is adept at understanding and solving complex technical problems and eager to explore uncharted territories in biometrics and pattern matching.
Responsibilities include performing advanced algorithm research and development in areas deemed complimentary to Aware’s digital image-based software products with a focus on biometric applications. The Imaging Scientist will work with the engineering staff to implement research results into commercial-quality software for product development and enhancement.
- degree: Ph.D. in computer science, EE or related discipline
- experience in face biometrics
- strong background in mathematics and statistics
- familiarity with subspace methods for visual learning a plus
- proven track record of algorithm development and software implementation
- good writing and oral communication skills
- thorough knowledge and use of modern programming languages and operating systems, including: C/C++/C#, .NET, Java, Visual Basic, in Windows and Linux/Unix environments
All qualified candidates may submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
NOTE: Please include “Imaging Scientist, Facial Biometrics” in the subject line.