Senior Software Engineer Biometrics (Java)
Aware seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Senior Software Engineer to join its team of software engineers at its headquarters in Bedford, MA. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated experienced software engineer with understanding of server application development for commercial software. This position requires a team player with very strong technical skills to develop commercial-grade software based upon Aware’s existing and new product ventures. This position requires an organized individual, adept at implementing complex technical plans as directed. The engineer will possess the personal skills to interface directly with Aware’s customers requiring support and service of Aware’s products.
Experience with biometrics is a plus. The team works on a variety of projects in the biometrics market including fingerprint, face, iris, and voice collection and analysis. This analysis includes matching, quality metrics, and compression. The software is deployed in a large variety of environments including client and server applications on multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, and UNIX).
Responsibilities include a team-based approach to writing software product engineering specifications, designing and implementing to support the specifications. The ability to shift focus quickly from one project to another and to allocate personal resources to more than one project at a time is important. The individual will be a significant contributor in a small team of software engineers, focused on delivering quality software in short time-cycles.
- 5+ years experience with object oriented programming
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Full mastery of Java language (threading, file/stream IO, collections, etc.).
- The ability to travel occasionally both within and outside the US
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
The ideal candidate would also have experience or familiarity with the following concepts and technologies:
- US Citizenship
- Design Patterns / Architecture Patterns
- J2EE (Spring, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic)
- Knowledge of SOA based applications (Web Services, XML, SOAP, WS-*)
- Database (Hibernate, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle)
- Biometrics (Finger, Face, Iris, Voice)
- Experience with performance optimization of software applications
- Image Processing (Compression, Analysis)
- Experience with creating customer builds and using source control tools
- Significant experience working in both Unix/Linux and MS Windows environments
- Hardware Integration
- Knowledge of Cryptography
- Experience writing Unit Tests
Aware has been a leading provider of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), standards-based biometrics software products since 1992. Our products enable solution providers and system integrators with interoperable, standards-compliant, field-proven biometric functionality for applications including credentialing, border management, and criminal justice. Aware continues to build upon this legacy as a leading provider of innovative, high-quality, state-of-the-art biometrics software.
Our suite of software tools are included in solutions deployed by product vendors and system integrators, and then used by federal, state, and local government agencies and enterprises around the world. End users include the FBI and other U.S. Department of Justice agencies, the U.S. Department of State, the Department of Homeland Security, and government agencies and commercial entities throughout Europe, Asia, and South America.
All qualified candidates may submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Aware, please visit: https://www.aware.com/biometrics/