Senior Software Engineer Biometrics (C++)
Aware seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Senior Software Engineer to join its team of software engineers at its headquarters in Bedford, MA. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, experienced software engineer with an understanding of image processing and commercial software development. This position requires a team player with very strong technical skills to develop commercial-grade software based upon Aware’s existing and new product ventures. This position requires an organized individual, adept at implementing complex technical plans as directed. The engineer will possess the personal skills to interface directly with Aware’s customers requiring support and service of Aware’s products.
The primary job responsibilities will include architecting and developing commercial software products for imaging and biometric applications. This includes development of libraries, sample applications and tools for image acquisition and analysis, and performing system-level test and release procedures. The candidate will also provide assistance to Aware’s customers as they install the software at their sites. The candidate must be able to work independently, research and solve problems quickly, and work effectively with other software developers.
- 5+ years experience developing commercial applications
- Full mastery of C++ programming language (threading, file/stream IO, collections, etc.)
- Strong object-oriented design and development background
- Good understanding and application of design patterns and UML diagrams
- Experience with performance optimization of software applications
- Experience working in both Unix/Linux and MS Windows environments
- Experience with creating customer builds and using source control tools
- Experience developing code in the MS .NET Framework using C# or VB.NET
- Knowledge of signal processing and image processing including algorithmic implementation experience very helpful
- Experience in Java programming helpful
- Knowledge of mobile (iOS/Android) application development is a plus
All qualified candidates may submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
For more information on Aware, please visit: https://www.aware.com/biometrics/