FingerprintComponent implements libraries from three Aware SDK products: LiveScan API, SequenceCheck, and Aware WSQ1000. It includes its own user interface and offers a variety of workflows to perform capture. It performs:
- Real-time quality analysis and autocapture of slap images
- Abstraction of live scan hardware peripherals
- Segmentation of slap fingerprint images
- Sequence checking
- Post-capture quality analysis and scoring
- Highly-optimized, FBI-certified WSQ image compression (500 ppi images)
- Highly-optimized, FBI-certified JPEG 2000 image compression (1000 ppi images)
PhotoComponent is used to automatically capture biometric facial images according to U.S. and international biometric standards (e.g. ISO/IEC 19794-5). It includes libraries from the PreFace. It has its own user interface and performs:
- Real-time quality analysis and autocapture of facial mages
- Post-capture quality analysis of facial images
- Post-capture image processing (rotate, scale, crop, optimize)
- Camera abstraction
- Camera operation (zoom, brightness, color balance, shutter)
- FaceComponent supports consumer-grade cameras, webcams, and industrial cameras from many different vendors (see PreFace).
FaceComponent can also be used to collect side profiles and SMT (scars, marks, tattoos).
ScanningComponent is used to scan forms such as inked fingerprint cards, and incorporates libraries from the AccuScan
SDK product. It performs:
- Flatbed scanner abstraction, with many FBI-certified scanners supported
- Compliance with FBI EBTS Image Quality Specification.
- Cropping of individual fingerprint images from a form in preparation for compression and formatting.
PrintingComponent is used for printing fingerprint images on cards and forms with quality sufficient for FBI-certification. It utilizes libraries from Aware NISTPack and AccuPrint SDKs. Functionality includes:
- Parsing of fingerprint images from transactions, such as EFTS
- Decompression of fingerprint images
- Mapping of text and images to correct location on the form
- Printing of card graphics such as lines and labels
- Generation of 1-bit dithered image to simulate grayscales
- Creation of a post-script or PCL-based image and sending to printer.
NISTComponent has access to the data set that the other components build up, and also has the ability to save the currently entered data set or to alternatively replace the current data set with data from another saved data set. NISTComponent can:
- Text-based biographic data entry
- Save the current data set to a standards-compliant file (FBI EBTS or other)
- Replace the current data set with a set selected
- Build a transaction from the current data and submit it via SMTP, or web service to BioSP
- Verify entire transactions
NISTComponent can then save or submit the updated transaction.