Features and Functionality
- Eliminates all work associated with FBI certification of flatbed scanners
- Supports commercial and consumer-grade scanners
- Along with NISTPack, provides a full FBI- and NIST-compliant development toolkit from inked paper cards to electronic submission and response management
- Greatly shortens development time of card scanning solutions
- Easy to maintain and customize for each agency
- Fingerprint recognition
- Automated fingerprint identification systems (AFIS)
- Law enforcement
- Border management
Card Template Tool
All U.S. state and federal government agencies maintain and utilize a unique set of fingerprint cards and forms. Some states have five or six different cards, and each card is used for a different purpose, depending upon the reason for obtaining the inked prints.
AccuScan manages this problem through an XML-based configuration file that holds the layout details of the original paper document. This file describes the size and location of each fingerprint or palm print image. AccuScan includes a utility (executable and source) that enables the easy creation of these XML configuration files. The process includes scanning of a blank or populated original card, loading it into the Template Tool, and then tracing the fingerprint image boxes. After all image regions of interest have been selected, the file is saved and can be used by an AccuScan runtime application.
Also see Aware’s FormScanner applications for fingerprint card and form scanning.
AccuScanMB for High-Volume, Automated Batch Processing of Fingerprint Cards
AccuScanMB is an enhanced version of AccuScan designed to enable “multi-batch” fingerprint card scanning though a parallel configuration of up to six off-the-shelf flatbed scanners equipped with automatic document feeders (ADF). Each scanner can process up to 160 500 ppi cards per hour or 48 1000 ppi cards per hour. With six scanners running in parallel, nearly 1000 500-ppi cards can be processed every hour. Like AccuScan, AccuScanMB provides Appendix F-certified scanning at 500 and 1000 ppi, and maintains AccuScan’s configuration, cropping functionality, and API.