Mobile Biometric Authentication Framework
The Knomi mobile biometric authentication framework is a collection of biometric SDKs running on mobile devices and a server that together enable strong, multi-factor, password-free authentication from a mobile device using biometrics. Knomi offers multiple biometric modality options, including facial recognition, keystroke dynamics, and voice authentication as means to authenticate. Banks or any other commercial enterprise can deploy Knomi to enhance their password-based authentication mechanisms, making login to their mobile applications more secure and convenient for their customers and employees. Knomi software components can be used in different combinations and configurations to enable either a server-centric architecture or a device-centric, FIDO® Certified implementation.
- Device- or server-centric biometric matching and template storage
- Several biometric modality options, including face, voice, and keystroke dynamics
- High-performance facial recognition and liveness detection, addressing multiple attack modes with or without user interaction
- Keystroke+Face Authenticator captures face and keystroke simultaneously, with fusion of biometric results for boosted accuracy and liveness detection performance
- Voice+Face Authenticator offers market-leading performance for speaker recognition and liveness detection
- FIDO® Certified UAF Face Authenticator, Client, and Server
- All components are available as a la carte SDKs with reference application code
iOS and Android versions
Solutions for Financial Services
FIDO® Certified Authentication
Knomi includes FIDO® Certified server, client, and authenticators for biometric authentication. They are certified conformant with the specifications of the FIDO Alliance and interoperable with other FIDO-certified products.
- FIDO Face Authenticator (UAF 1.1). FIDO Face Authenticator allows a user to login to a mobile application of a relying party (such as a banking app) using their face for authentication. It provides liveness detection via passive mechanisms and also active interaction with the user, including eye blinking. The captured face never leaves the security boundaries of the authenticator application.
- FIDO Face+Voice Authenticator (UAF 1.1). FIDO Face+Voice Authenticator allows a user to login to a mobile application of a relying party (such as a banking app) using their face and voice for authentication. It provides liveness detection via passive mechanisms and also active interaction with the user, including eye blinking. The captured biometrics never leave the security boundaries of the application.
- FIDO Client. FIDO® Client is the intermediary application that helps to bind FIDO authenticators with the relying party mobile application. A FIDO client can look up all FIDO authenticators on the device, and communicate via JSON messages standardized by the FIDO ASM API.
- FIDO Server. FIDO® Server enables a relying party server to offer FIDO-based login from their mobile applications. FIDO® Server encapsulates the FIDO features required at the server, such as maintenance of the FIDO login policies, management of the public keys, and verification of the signatures created on the mobile device.
More information about FIDO Certified authentication products can be found here.
Biometric template storage and matching is performed on the server, with algorithms for autocapture, liveness detection, and spoof detection operating on both the device and on the server.
- Mobile Face Client. Application running on the device to perform facial image capture and analysis designed to capture high-quality facial images quickly and to detect spoof attempts. Built upon the PreFace Mobile SDK.
- Face Authentication Service. Server-based software API for facial template storage and matching. Built upon the Nexa|Face SDK.
- Face Analysis Service. Server-based API for facial image analysis, including liveness detection and spoof detection. Built upon the PreFace SDK.
- Voice Authentication Service. Server-based software API for voice authentication template creation and matching and liveness detection. Built upon the Nexa|Voice SDK.
- App Configuration Service. Server-based API for device application configuration.
Mobile Authentication for Access Control
Biometrics can be used as a more convenient and secure means to provide access to health records for both patients and caregivers. Aware’s Knomi biometric authentication framework applies face, voice, and keystroke dynamics to enable multi-factor authentication on a smartphone, replacing or enhancing passwords for mobile app login or for out-of-band authentication for access to a browser.