Data Formatting & Validation
Features & Functionality
- Supports multiple finger images and finger minutiae data sets
- Standards-compliant file reading, writing, and validation
- Import/export of common image formats
- Includes Aware WSQ and Aware JPEG 2000 compression
- Includes Aware’s QualityCheck fingerprint image quality scoring API
- Example programs and documentation
- Programmable in C/C++, Java, VB, and .NET
- Fully featured C Language API
- Example programs with source
- Java Native Interface support
- Microsoft Windows and Linux Support
Data Formatting, Reading, and Validation of Biometric Data in Compliance with ANSI/INCITS M1 and ISO/IEC SC 37 Standards
M1Pack is an SDK used to enable a software application with the ability to read, write, and validate biometric data in full compliance with biometric standards specified by ANSI/INCITS M1 and ISO/IEC SC 37 technical committees. It includes WSQ, JPEG 2000, and JPEG for compression and decompression of fingerprint, face, and iris biometric images.
Note that while still in use for some applications including PIV, some ANSI/INCITS biometric data interchange standards have been deprecated in favor of their associated ISO/IEC 19794 standard in the interest of international interoperability.
Biometric data interchange standards specify the formatting of biometric data objects that contain biometric images, biographics, and metadata that describe the biometric and the equipment used to generate it. They can be interchanged as standalone objects or embedded as payloads within larger data interchange standards such as the ICAO Logical Data Structure (LDS) defined in Doc 9303 and used for the e-passport. Each INCITS and ISO/IEC 19794 biometric object is wrapped with a CBEFF file header according to their respective standard.