BiographicComponent enables highly configurable data entry via its user interface. It utilizes a configuration file that defines the data entry boxes (size, shape, color, label, etc.) and the data that each entry box is designed to accept. A separate user interface called Form Designer is used by the application designer to layout and design the look, feel, and behavior of the Component. Together, the Form Designer and BiographicComponent are designed to enable update, enhancement, and modification to the application without having to make significant changes to the application code. The configuration file allows for all displayed widgets to be specified and validated and how they should be validated.
FingerprintComponent implements libraries from three Aware SDK products: LiveScan API, SequenceCheck, and Aware WSQ1000. It includes its own user interface and offers a variety of workflows to perform capture. It performs:
- Real-time quality analysis and autocapture of slap images
- Abstraction of live scan hardware peripherals
- Segmentation of slap fingerprint images
- Sequence checking
- Post-capture quality analysis and scoring
- Highly-optimized, FBI-certified WSQ image compression (500 ppi images)
- Highly-optimized, FBI-certified JPEG 2000 image compression (1000 ppi images)
FaceComponent is used to automatically capture biometric facial images according to U.S. and international biometric standards (e.g. ISO/IEC 19794-5). It includes libraries from the PreFace
with Camera API SDK. It has its own user interface and performs:
- Real-time quality analysis and autocapture of facial mages
- Post-capture quality analysis of facial images
- Post-capture image processing (rotate, scale, crop, optimize)
- Camera abstraction
- Camera operation (zoom, brightness, color balance, shutter)
- FaceComponent supports consumer-grade cameras, webcams, and industrial cameras from many different vendors (see PreFace).
IrisComponent is used to perform automated capture, segmentation, and quality scoring of biometric iris images according to the ISO/IEC 29794-6 standard for iris image quality. It uses libraries in the IrisCheck
with IrisCam API SDK. IrisComponent also enables plug-and-play operation with several iris cameras. It has its own user interface and performs the following functions:
- Specularity removal
- Pupil segmentation
- Iris segmentation
- Parametric curve fitting
- Eyelash detection
- Shadow detection
TravelDocComponent performs authentication of travel documents and credentials such as passports and driver’s licenses. It utilizes third-party document authentication software and operates with several third-party document scanners.
ScanningComponent is used to scan forms such as inked fingerprint cards, and incorporates libraries from the AccuScan
SDK product. It performs:
- Flatbed scanner abstraction, with many FBI-certified scanners supported
- Compliance with FBI EBTS Image Quality Specification.
- Cropping of individual fingerprint images from a form in preparation for compression and formatting.
PrintingComponent is used for printing fingerprint images on cards and forms with quality sufficient for FBI-certification. It utilizes libraries from Aware NISTPack and AccuPrint SDKs. Functionality includes:
- Parsing of fingerprint images from transactions, such as EFTS
- Decompression of fingerprint images
- Mapping of text and images to correct location on the form
- Printing of card graphics such as lines and labels
- Generation of 1-bit dithered image to simulate grayscales
- Creation of a post-script or PCL-based image and sending to printer.
SignatureComponent is used to collect handwritten signature images from an electronic signature pad. It includes a user interface, supports several market-leading electronic signature pad devices, and performs data formatting and validation of the output according to the ANSI/NIST-ITL 2013 standard for Type-8 records.
PackagingComponent has access to the data set that the other components build up, and also has the ability to save the currently entered data set or to alternatively replace the current data set with data from another saved data set. PackagingComponent can:
- Save the current data set to a standards-compliant file (FBI EBTS or other)
- Replace the current data set with a set selected
- Build a transaction from the current data and submit it via SMTP, or web service to BioSP
- Verify entire transactions
PackagingComponent can then save or submit the updated transaction.